Where did summer go? One second it was unbearably hot out and then suddenly, the holidays arrived. Not that I’m complaining, of course, since this is one of my very favorite times of the year. Alas, with great joy comes great responsibility (or something like that) and at this time of year, that means buying SO. MANY. PRESENTS. Now, not that you want to brag about how popular you are or anything, but you probably just have soooo many presents to buy for all the hosts & hostesses of all those holiday parties you’re invited to, amirite? Fear not, because I took the liberty of curating (yeah, ~curating~ – I’m fancy like that) a couple of gift guides for this occasion. This one focuses on the host and hostess that are fun and have a good sense of humor. They’re probably going to get tons of flowers, bottles of wine and serving trays, so why not give them something they can giggle about or say, “oh! I never knew such a thing existed!”
As with most of my other gift guides, the items on this list are all under $100, so you can buy yourself one of each item, too 😉
- Bearskin Rug Coaster. No, this is not a real miniature bear rug! It’s the (most likely) PETA-approved version and it’s just so cute! It’s also well under $20, so you can afford to buy one in each color.
- Tabletop Cornhole. Another miniature version of a classic item. Will mini things ever get old? Nope. This is also great if there’s a lull in the party – just whip out this toy and prepare for hours of endless fun.
- Casa Tissue Box Cover. My parents used to (or maybe still do) have a tissue box cover that looked like a house. Theirs was made of wood and ornately decorated, but it always made me smile they way the tissues look like smoke coming out of the chimney. Classic. This ultra-modern version will fit into anybody’s decor. Did I mention it’s only $4?
- XL Wine Glass. The description says, “This fun, extra large wine glass holds an entire bottle of wine for those not interested in multiple pours.” I couldn’t have said it better myself. Why waste perfectly good energy on pouring more often than you need to?
- Pistachio Pedestal. GENIUS! This is so simple and so smart, not to mention it’s actually nice-looking. Now you don’t have to surreptitiously throw your pistachio shells into the plants when you’re at said host’s/hostess’ house!
- “Unicorns Are Jerks” Coloring Book. Adult coloring books are a really hot trend right now, but this one doesn’t focus on “pretty”, it focuses on FUN. The pages are filled with unicorns being utter jerks in everyday situations. All that’s left to do is make them colorful.
- Monogrammed Shark Bottle Opener. Dun-nun dun-nun…dun-nun dun-nun dun-nun! This is a fun and thoughtful gift because it’s monogrammed, but it’s a shark. ’nuff said.
- “Thug Kitchen” Cookbook. The description reads, “All too often cooking is surrounded with a false sense of elitism, as though it’s too difficult or expensive for the rest of us to get involved. Well these guys cut right to the chase with language you can understand, as well as throwing in a few tips on how to save some cash and get the most out of what you’ve got in the cupboards.” Is it explicit? Yes. Is it hilarious? YES! Just make sure you’re giving it to someone who isn’t easily offended by language and you’re golden.
- Giant Tub Of Nutella. If this was a list just for me, I would’ve put one big picture of this and that’s it. Nutella = life, so who wouldn’t love this gift? Is it an obscene amount of Nutella? YES!! But it’s just the right obscene amount, so whatevs. Plus, everyone knows that if something’s a gift, the calories don’t count. So there.