This season, plaid is having a major moment in fashion. Button-down shirts and blanket scarves seem to be the predominant items this fall, but I’ve also seen it on numerous other items. It’s such a timeless and classic pattern that never really seems to go out of style.
Since interior design trends often mirror fashion trends, I started thinking of how wonderful plaid would look in my home. This led me to do some online shopping and I was not disappointed! I found so much plaid for the home, I didn’t know what to choose! Here are some of my favorite picks:
1. Blankets. What’s a list without a blanket on it in some way, shape or form? Who doesn’t love wrapping up in a warm, fluffy throw at the end of a long day? These ones at Target are super cute, come in four color options and they’re super affordable. This gives you an excuse to buy more than one 😉
2. Throw Pillows. This is another item that you could easily add to a room without changing the entire decor. The beauty of plaid is that you can definitely find a color combo that works with your current color scheme. You can toss these on your couch or bed for an instant cold-weather update and then replace them again in the spring when the weather gets warmer. I’m loving these pillow covers from Pottery Barn.
3. Picture Frames. Everyone has room for another picture frame, right? This one from Pottery Barn is totally cute and very affordable.
4. Bedding. There are a lot of options out there right now for plaid bedding. You can have your choice of flannel, fleece or just plain cotton. These options from Ikea, Wayfair, and Lowe’s (yes, Lowe’s!) are some of my favorites.
5. Mugs. This might be because I have a serious mug obsession, but who can resist a plaid one?? My favorite is this one from Target. This one also from Target and this one from Starbucks are pretty darn cute, too.
6. Decorative Box. Um, hello cute little box! You always need a place to store little knick-knacks, right? This one from Pottery Barn is trés chic!
7. Fireplace Screen. This wasn’t even on my radar until I started shopping. Once I saw this one at Crate & Barrel, I knew it was a must-have for anyone who has a fireplace. It’s very subtle and could fit in with pretty much anyone’s decor.
8. Glass wear. I saved my favorite for last. This is another item that I didn’t even know I needed, but once I saw it, I fell in love. This set from Pottery Barn is so unbelievably cool, I just can’t resist it! It’s subtle and classy and a definite staple for anyone who loves plaid.
No matter what your decorating style is like, you can implement plaid at home. Whether you simply get a new mug or go whole-hog and deck your home out in plaid this season, you’re sure to find at least one item you love. Happy shopping!